Skip to main content
Hey you beautiful guys and dolls!!

Yes, I've been gone pretty much all year. I've been so busy. That's not an excuse, I know, but it's true.

Earlier this year, I received word that a contest I had won several months back (about 2 years ago) would be finalized this year and I'd be able to self publish that book! Well, that's not going to work as fast as I'd hoped.

Publishing is a slow world, am I right??

I'm not even for sure if I'll be working on that particular book any more. I wrote this particular story about SIX years ago. It went through several rounds of revisions and edits, and this last time I went through it on my own, I made a mess of it. I took the chapters apart, and even some the individual scenes and rearranged and rewrote some chapters to add to my word count. I didn't know how to fix it. I'd hoped the contest I won would work out, but not all dreams can be realized and sometimes, it's best to know when to shelve a project and move on.

So in light of that, I moved on. I still love my story, but I don't think it was meant to be. Who knows. Maybe one day, I'll pull it from the archives and see if I can make it work....

For now, I'm working on my PITCHWARS manuscript. The amazing Lizzy Charles chose me and my  YA fantasy to work with and I'm so excited. I applied three years ago to Pitch Wars, and at that time, I was chosen. Honestly, I wasn't ready and when I look back now, I"m thankful I wasn't picked then.

But this year, I made it!! I've been working non stop between school (I homeschool two kiddo's!) and writing. I still have a ton of revisions, but my story is moving along and I can't wait to see the finished product:)

Well, that' my very short update. I hope to post an in-depth article about my pitch wars experience soon. Until then, have a beautiful day, you lovely people!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Cool you were chosen!
    Sorry things didn't work out with that other story. Publishing is a slow process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writer In Motion CP feedback

Hey beautiful guys and dolls! Here it is! My CP feedback edited story. Had a hard time with this, but I hope it makes sense. I've got a post I'm working on I plan to put up after Thanksgiving. Here ya go. Enjoy... Every morning I wake to carnival day.  Today, though, I have my key. If I don’t use it before midnight, my way of escape will gone. It’s a silver key with a twisted metal handle, a sapphire stone half moon and engraved stars. There’s a tiny inscription on the moon, but it’s so small, I’ve never been able to read it.I’ve always kept mine in my jewelry box, but today, I string it on a ribbon and tie it around my neck. My two best friends will be wearing theirs, too, and I wonder how they will escape this carnival of dreams. “What’s it for?” Cress asks as we stand in line for the swings. I run my fingertips over the entire silver surface. “I don’t know. It belonged to my grandmother,” I say. “Whatever.” She shrugs her shoulder in a dismissive way. “Have

Insecure Writers Group

Today, my feelings are mixed. On one hand, I've faced more rejection and that's not easy to write about or admit to the world. But I am not crying in my "milk" (no beer, folks:) I want to, but what good would it do??? I received a detailed critique from a "Best First Line" contest. The critique was the best I have ever received and seriously opened my eyes to "how" to improve my writing. Nice! Speaking of critiques, I am still looking for a critique partner. If anyone is looking back, please let me know and we can swap info. I'm sending off a YA query letter and first pages to 3 agents this week. Wish me luck. This will be the first time I have directly contacted and agent with a query. Yes, I'm nervous, so I'm saying again, WISH ME LUCK!!!

Operation Agent Ink

UPDATE: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER YOU SIGN UP. Have you ever wondered what agents were dying to find in their inbox/slush pile? There have been many times I entered a contest and not even received a comment, not even from one of the agents. Or maybe the agent was kind enough to leave a comment that simply said, "Sorry, this just isn't what I'm looking for, but I love the premise and your voice." I always walk away feeling unsatisfied. If I had known exactly what the agent wanted beyond, "YA" or "Fantasy" I might not have even entered a contest I knew I wouldn't win! Even more, I wasted a very busy agents time! Well, your time of guessing is up! OPERATION AGENT INK to the rescue! That's right! This workshop will help aspiring authors get on the list of an agent's WISH LIST! When the workshop is over, your manuscript will be ready to view by a group of AMAZING agents who are dying to see what you've wri